Excited to welcome Jeremy Tiers to be our guest on this week's EMchat! If you don't know him already, Jeremy is the Director of Admissions Services for Tudor Collegiate Strategies. He's an #EMchat regular who lives in the Indianapolis area and loves helping higher ed grow and win!
Tudor Collegiate Strategies is the national leader in developing strategic recruiting communication plans for college and university admissions departments. TCS creates better messages for colleges and universities that get more responses from their best prospects.
We'll be chatting about best practices in messaging, timing, and avenues for communication at various points in the admissions cycle as well as expanding the typical notion of what it means to be a good communicator, specifically in the EM space. We hope you'll join us for an engaging conversation this Thursday at 9pm Eastern.
Check out some recent posts from Jeremy:
We can't wait for this year's 72nd National Association for College Admission Counseling's National Conference. If you haven't registered yet, no worries, there's still space! It's always great to team up with the folks over at NACAC and it's especially great when we get to tweet about things about to go down in real life! So, we'll see you this Thursday (Sept 8) at 9pm ET for our #NACAC16 chat!
With that said, here are some things to definitely check out (and know) when heading to this year's conference!
1. When Arriving! Columbus has an awesome airport transportation option called AirConnect – for $2.75 each way, attendees can get from the airport to downtown (specifically pretty close to the conference hotels downtown). The OSU properties will require a cab ride. And, the airport properties have airport shuttles.
2. Book Signings! Jeff Selingo, author of There is Life After College (see recent #NACACReads Transcript), and Dr. Frances Jensen, author of The Teenage Brain: A Neuroscientist's Survival Guide to Raising Adolescents and Young Adults will be holding book signing events on Thursday at 4:30 and Saturday at 11:15, respectively, in the Hall C Bookstore.
3. Welcome Reception! The Official NACAC Welcome Reception starts at 6:30 pm on Thursday and is definitely not to be missed--a fantastic opportunity to kick off the conference. This is followed by lots of Unofficial Events (but we'll capitalize them just because), so exhibitors...share your events!
4. The Meet Your Match game is still going strong and gives you an opportunity to meet up to 99 other conference attendees who could (and very clearly will) be your new best friends.
5. This list of restaurants via OpenTable. Seriously, all of them. Looks like Columbus has a pretty solid foodie scene!
7. Get Social! Make the most of networking opportunities both online and at the conference. Follow NACAC on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat. Connect with other attendees before and during National Conference using #nacac16. Share your favorite #nacac16 moments on Snapchat using the conference geofilter, participate in the Instagram challenge, and tune in to NACAC on Facebook Live for behind the scenes footage and interviews with speakers and attendees.
Twitter: @nacac @nacac16
Facebook: National Association for College Admission Counseling
8. Connect! We just said that above, but really. Connect! Talk to someone on the other side of the desk, ask how you can make their job easier, tell them what they could do to make yours easier, share ideas, collaborate, learn, connect. This is the best opportunity of the year to make connections and contribute to this phenomenal professional community. Be a part of that conversation.
9. Check out the Exhibit Hall! Look. At. All. These. Exhibitors. Phew! Aside from the fantastic sessions, the Exhibit Hall is another great place to learn best practices, trends, and research to enhance your enrollment management strategies. I'm also biased because I'll be there in Exhibit 235, right next to the super NACAC crew. And because the Exhibit Hall is a place to learn, other Exhibitors -- share your Exhibit #s and things to look forward to!
10. Find out that your flight was "cancelled" and take a few hours to explore the city. You're here...so might as well explore a bit!
11. Say Hi to the #EMchat crew! We're all over! Presenting, Exhibiting, Learning -- we've connected online, so let's connect in real life. Stay tuned for more information on our tweet up on Thursday night!
See you in Columbus!
We're looking forward to kicking off our 2016-2017 calendar and have some great chats planned over the next few months!
If you see a topic you put forth, don't worry, we'll be in touch! :)
Other things to expect this year: Updated Posts (here) prior to weekly chats where we'll share questions, discuss resources, and introduce guests.
Below, check out our scheduled #EMchat topics (always slightly subject to change!) -- We'll update this calendar as we move through the year. Hope to see you all every Thursday at 9PM EST! Looking forward to another fantastic year of professional development and networking with the greatest pros out there!
#EMchat 2016-2017 Calendar
September 8: Prepping for #NACAC16 with the Local @NACAC16 Crew!
September 15: Promoting Fall Events & More with @CarnegieComm
September 22: No chat tonight -- See you at NACAC!
September 29: Recruitment Comm Flow & More with Jeremy Tiers @ Tudor Collegiate Strategies
October 5: No chat because it's a Wednesday, but Happy Five Years to #EMchat!
October 6: #AACRAOctober -- PPY and the Impact on Admissions Timelines
October 13: #AACRAOctober -- Fisher II and Holistic Admissions Practices
October 20: #AACRAOctober -- Gender Identity Recognition and Inclusion Practices in College Admissions
October 27: #AACRAOctober -- Professional Competencies in the Admission and EM Fields
November 3: #AACRAOctober (Yes, we know it's November) -- Prepping for the 2016 SEM Conference!
November 10: Social Media and Admissions
November 17: The Coalition Application
November 24: No Chat -- Happy Thanksgiving!
December 1: CRM and Admissions Solutions
December 8: Digital Q&A with @CarnegieComm
December 15: The State of Enrollment Management
January 5: Recruitment Events
January 12: Data (TO BE REFINED :))
January 19: Conferences and Presentation Collaboration
January 26: Enrollment Management at the Community College Level
February 2: Communication Strategies with School Counselors
February 9: Communication Strategies with CBOs
February 16: Retention and Trends Toward Success
February 23: Graduate Admission Series - Marketing and Digital Trends
March 2: Graduate Admission Series - Partnerships and Pipelines
March 9: Athletic Recruitment Across All Divisions
March 16: Recruitment and Retention of English Language Learners
March 23: Transfer Populations
March 30: Challenging the Status Quo
April -- The Crossover Month! We'll get back to you with Collaboration Dates when we solidify them!
May 4: Task Management for Enrollment Management Leaders
May 11: Careers in Enrollment Management and the Path There
May 18: Yield and Making the Class
May 25: Analytics (To be further defined!)