#NACAC16: Top 11 Things to Know and Do!
We can't wait for this year's 72nd National Association for College Admission Counseling's National Conference. If you haven't registered yet, no worries, there's still space! It's always great to team up with the folks over at NACAC and it's especially great when we get to tweet about things about to go down in real life! So, we'll see you this Thursday (Sept 8) at 9pm ET for our #NACAC16 chat!
With that said, here are some things to definitely check out (and know) when heading to this year's conference!
1. When Arriving! Columbus has an awesome airport transportation option called AirConnect – for $2.75 each way, attendees can get from the airport to downtown (specifically pretty close to the conference hotels downtown). The OSU properties will require a cab ride. And, the airport properties have airport shuttles.
2. Book Signings! Jeff Selingo, author of There is Life After College (see recent #NACACReads Transcript), and Dr. Frances Jensen, author of The Teenage Brain: A Neuroscientist's Survival Guide to Raising Adolescents and Young Adults will be holding book signing events on Thursday at 4:30 and Saturday at 11:15, respectively, in the Hall C Bookstore.
3. Welcome Reception! The Official NACAC Welcome Reception starts at 6:30 pm on Thursday and is definitely not to be missed--a fantastic opportunity to kick off the conference. This is followed by lots of Unofficial Events (but we'll capitalize them just because), so exhibitors...share your events!
4. The Meet Your Match game is still going strong and gives you an opportunity to meet up to 99 other conference attendees who could (and very clearly will) be your new best friends.
5. This list of restaurants via OpenTable. Seriously, all of them. Looks like Columbus has a pretty solid foodie scene!
7. Get Social! Make the most of networking opportunities both online and at the conference. Follow NACAC on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat. Connect with other attendees before and during National Conference using #nacac16. Share your favorite #nacac16 moments on Snapchat using the conference geofilter, participate in the Instagram challenge, and tune in to NACAC on Facebook Live for behind the scenes footage and interviews with speakers and attendees.
Twitter: @nacac @nacac16
Facebook: National Association for College Admission Counseling
8. Connect! We just said that above, but really. Connect! Talk to someone on the other side of the desk, ask how you can make their job easier, tell them what they could do to make yours easier, share ideas, collaborate, learn, connect. This is the best opportunity of the year to make connections and contribute to this phenomenal professional community. Be a part of that conversation.
9. Check out the Exhibit Hall! Look. At. All. These. Exhibitors. Phew! Aside from the fantastic sessions, the Exhibit Hall is another great place to learn best practices, trends, and research to enhance your enrollment management strategies. I'm also biased because I'll be there in Exhibit 235, right next to the super NACAC crew. And because the Exhibit Hall is a place to learn, other Exhibitors -- share your Exhibit #s and things to look forward to!
10. Find out that your flight was "cancelled" and take a few hours to explore the city. You're here...so might as well explore a bit!
11. Say Hi to the #EMchat crew! We're all over! Presenting, Exhibiting, Learning -- we've connected online, so let's connect in real life. Stay tuned for more information on our tweet up on Thursday night!
See you in Columbus!